Sunday, October 09, 2011

Dana de los Muertos

I have the amazing opportunity to create a Dia de los Muertos altar with one of my favorite Midtown galleries the weekend of October 29th and 30th. La Raza Galerie Posada is hosting Panteon de Sacramento (A Mexican Tradition Revisited). For 2 days the parking lot behind ClickNation on 20th between J and K Streets, will be filled with altars honoring those who have passed from this earth. The event is free and open to the public to view.



My altar will honor my beloved friend Catherine S., who taught me about arte, vida, y pescar de aguacate, as well as mi tio, Wesley "Rob" y mi abuela, Elizabeth "Bambi." I am thrilled to be gathering items, printing photos, sketching a layout for my altar, meeting other artists in the show and being a part of this wonderful event. Gracias, La Raza for making this possible in Sacramento. I know it's going to be a fantastic show filled with inspiring pieces honoring los muertos.