Sunday, November 06, 2011

Fin de Semana Muy Buena... Otra Vez

Another weekend of sheer happiness. Friday night celebrated the birthday of my wonderful friend Evie at Kupro's Bistro, a swanky gastropub on 21st Street in Sacramento. Savory food, fantastic cocktails, Evie's awesome family and friends, and a charming General Manager added to the love for the evening!
mmm fried pickles and a tequila Clockwork Orange at Kupro's Bistro

Saturday night I attended a fantastic tequila tasting benefit for my favorite local gallery, La Raza Galeria Posada. Presented by Agave52 held at Social nightclub, I sampled delicious reposados, anejos and blancos from different distilleries based in Mexico. I also tried Mezcal for the first time, que sabroso! Featured at the event were Sacacuento premium mezcal, Alquimia organic tequila and Tequila Manaña (Drink it today. Love it Manaña. So great!)
Charring the peppers - the flame is as tall as the bartender!

After the event a group headed over to Mayahuel, el museo de tequila at 1200 K Street to enjoy delicious cocktails and appetizers, served to the sounds of a Mariachi band. ¡Arriba! The amazing bartenders at Mayahuel made their special "charred pepper" margarita, what a show. Caliente!

The weekend wrapped up with a wonderful message from Jennifer Lynn, a talented, beautiful performer based in Chicago. Jennifer is the sister of my beloved friend, Catherine, for whom I created my Dia de los Muertos altar, part of the Panteon de Sacramento show with La Raza Galeria Posada. I haven't heard from Jennifer in ages, and I don't believe in coincidences, so this is very special. (*smiling and crying at the same time*)
Gorgeous + talented = Jennifer Lynn!

Jennifer needs support on her YouTube page. Please visit the page, listen to her incredible music and subscribe to Jennifer's channel or "like" her videos - every vote helps! You may also purchase music from her website, www.jenniferlynn.com. Thanks for contacting me, Jennifer. Sweet memories of Cath just go on and on...