Monday, February 20, 2012

Talk Taco to Me

Gracias to all our Presidentes Buenos for Monday, February 20th - a day off from work for many to celebrate each of you and your notable leadership. For me, it was a dos taquerias hoy, starting with uno taco vegetariano at Beto's Tacos (2234 El Camino Avenue) in Natomas and a delicious jamaica agua fresca.
Note the Peru handbag, added for extra flair. mmm tacos

Mi amiga AB Hot Dog loves the mysteriosa blanca sauce from the gratis salsa bar. When lined up with the other salsas available, it makes a great bandera de Mexico. Me, I stick with the jalapeno pimientos y zanahorias, to make my belly cry tears of spicy joy later.
¡Viva Mexico! Donde estan los tortilla chips?

Later (si, el mismo dia) I enjoyed savory vegetal sopas, paired nicely with a chilled Negro Modelo draft at my local gem, Azul Mexican Food and Tequila Bar in Midtown.
Civiche, chips, sopas y cervezas. mmm Gracias Azul

Despite the deliciousness, I felt a little like I was cheating on mi favorita, Taqueria La Fiesta, but I will be there on Sunday, February 26th for the best micheladas in town when Real Madrid plays Barcelona.
Micheladas! Summer 2011 at Taqueria La Fiesta. La camiseta cuesta extra

All this talk about tacos makes me want to chow down again. But first, I feel compelled to mention the SNL video/skit that always makes me laugh until my sides ache, TACO TOWN! The mere sight of Andy Samberg sends me into short hysterical breaths.
"Pizza! Now that's what I call a taco!"